Marin Villages Services and Activities as of January 26, 2023
Marin Villages services and activities and COVID protocols remain aligned with updated regulations and guidance from Marin Public Health and the CDC. Because many COVID-19 exposures occur in household settings or in nonpublic indoor settings where unvaccinated and vaccinated people are present, for the safety of our members and volunteers, we ask that all members and volunteers wear masks when engaged in Marin Villages activities, even in nonpublic spaces.
- Rides. Because the pandemic continues to limit the availability of volunteer drivers, priority will be given to filling requests for rides to medical or medically related appointments, e.g., trips for doctor and dentist appointments, including podiatry, physical therapy, and chiropractic appointments and appointments for lab work and vaccinations. We request that members and volunteers still wear masks when accepting/giving Marin Villages car rides.
- Programs and gatherings. Local villages may offer in-person activities and gatherings indoors or outdoors in accordance with public health guidelines. We encourage everyone to wear masks in indoor settings.
- Protective protocols. Vaccination is highly encouraged for all members and volunteers. Members and volunteers are free to confirm vaccination status with each other. Maintaining social distancing and continuing sound hygiene also continue to be advisable for added protection.
- Vaccination assistance. COVID research has demonstrated clearly that vaccines save lives. Protect yourself and our members and volunteers! Our volunteers are available to help schedule appointments for members who need assistance. Please call the office if you need help.
Marin County Public Health is providing booster shots at its vaccination locations as supply allows. Appointments are encouraged. Walk-ups are available on a limited basis as supply allows. Visit the County’s Vaccine Finder for a list of locations.
- Information on vaccination status. While we strongly encourage all members and volunteers to be vaccinated against COVID-19, vaccination is not required for Marin Villages membership or volunteering. We are relying on members and volunteers to act in good faith in disclosing their vaccination status and observing any invitations or requests that may be limited to those who are fully vaccinated. We do not share information on COVID vaccination status unless requested to do so by a member or volunteer in connection with a Marin Villages activity or service.
- Office. Our office in Terra Linda is open. If you visit the office, please bring and wear a mask.
Our aim is always to help protect the health, safety, and wellbeing of our members and volunteers.
Daily Coronavirus Updates from Marin HHS
California Dept of Public Health
CDC information on prevention and symptoms